Based in beautiful German Niestetal, SMA sells and installs photovoltaic products in 18 countries around the world. More than 3,000 employees in the various sales and service companies serve the customers of the specialist in renewable energies. The product portfolio ranges from private and business customers to power plant operators. SMA has received awards every year since 2006: As an outstanding employer and for the products offered.
In 2011, the organization joined the UN Global Compact. This initiative is committed to sustainable development. The annual reports can be downloaded from the company website.
At TRITEC you can order the following PV components from the SMA Solar Technology product range: SMA Inverters and SMA Storage Systems.
The product range of SMA includes
- Solar power inverters
- Battery Inverters
- Commercial storage systems
- Charging solutions for electric mobility
- Planning software for your PV system
- Products for plant monitoring
- Completely pre-configured solutions with coordinated system components
- Data-based services
The future of energy supply
For the future, SMA plans to further strengthen its sales activities in providing plug-and-play systems. This business area currently accounts for approximately 40% of sales. In order to counter the price pressure in the photovoltaic industry, the company wants to pay even more attention to sustainability and reduce capital lockup. Their goal is market leadership in all segments of photovoltaics.
As a company in the renewable energy sector, environmental protection is a matter of course for SMA. For every process, the environment is taken into account when decisions are made. SMA is certified according to DIN EN ISO 14001.
Product Award for SMA
An excerpt from the product awards provides an insight into the high level of innovation at the German organization:
- The European Solar Prize 2007 in the category “Industrial Companies”
- The Intersolar Award of the year 2010 for the “Sunny Central 800 CP” central inverter
- In 2011, the “Best Innovator Award” in the “Renewables” category of the Wirtschaftswoche magazine.
- The Intersolar Award of the year 2013 for the “Sunny Boy Smart Energy” inverter
- For the energy management solution “SMA Smart Home” the Smart Energy Award 2013
- The company received the Intersolar Award 2014 in the category “Photovoltaics” for the “SMA Fuel Save Controller”.
- The ees Award 2016 went to the “Sunny boy Storage”.
- In 2017, the company received the Intersolar Award 2017 in the category “Photovoltaics” for the “SMA Sunny Tripower Core 1”.
- In 2018 there were two awards at once: The ees Award for the “Sunny Central Storge” and the Smarter E Award for in the category “Smart Renewable Energy” for ennexOS