In 1962, electrical engineer Rudolf Neidecker founded the company Multi-Contact in Allschwil, Switzerland. He specialized in his passion: contact technology and electrical connectors. In the late 70s, he expanded internationally. In 2002, his successful company got acquired by the Stäubli Group. Many of the group’s products still use the brand name MC or Multi-Contact today. Stäubli is a market leader in electrical connection technology with more than 20 years of experience in PV systems. Since 2017 the internationally active Swiss connector manufacturer Multi-Contact AG has been trading as Stäubli Electrical Connectors AG.
The product range of their pv division includes
- Connectors for renewable energy systems by the name “Solarline”
(MC3 connector systems / MC4 connector systems)
- Cables for PV installations
- Junction boxes for PV systems
- Accessories such as adapter cables or test sockets and plugs
- Assembly tools for PV systems