Dr. Shawn Qu founded Canadian Solar in 2001 with the vision of making solar energy more accessible as a sustainable source of electricity. Today, 13,000 employees in 130 countries on six continents ensure happy customers. The company addresses commercial and industrial customers with its turnkey PV solutions. Individual components can be purchased by both commercial and industrial customers as well as end users. Canadian Solar produces and sells its own products. The company’s research and development department has already produced over 1,500 patents (as of March 2020).
At TRITEC you can order the Canadian Solar Panels.
The complete product range at a glance
- Bifacial, double-cell Perc modules made of both monocrystalline and polycrystalline materials
- Bifacial, monocrystalline PERC modules
- Three-phase inverters
- Single Phase Inverters
- Solar systems for private homes with outputs of 700 W, 3 kW, 5 kW, 10 kW
- Solar systems for homes and businesses with outputs of 20 kW, 50 kW, 1 MW
- A portable lighting and solar system with a power output of 3 W and a 4,400 mAh battery
- Turnkey solar systems of all sizes
Canadian Solar – Make the Difference
Environmental protection is close to the heart of the company’s employees. For this reason, care is taken to ensure that manufacturing processes are as environmentally friendly and resource-saving as possible. The organization’s environmental report for the year 2018 documents that the water consumption per kW produced fell by 42.8% – from 0.593 m³ to 0.339 m³ – between 2017 and 2018. During this period, electricity consumption per kW produced also fell by 14.5%, from 7.22 kWh to 6.17 kWh. From 2017 to 2018, CO2 emissions also fell by 19%, from 393 kg per 1 KW module to 318 kg.
With their corporate social responsibility program, the organization promotes the professional careers of women, and provides their employees the opportunity for further training in regular courses. In Lungi, Sierra Leone and in Bauru, Brazil, the company installed solar systems in schools, hospitals and retirement homes in 2018 to ensure the supply of electrical energy.
Examples of the Canadian Solar’s successful projects
- 10 MW solar plant in Wuhan in Inner Mongolia, China
- 0.5 MW solar plant in Murcia, Spain
- 268 MW solar plant in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- 150 KW roof solar plant in Nigeria
- 0.9 MW rooftop solar plant in South Korea
- 9.28 kW roof-mounted solar system on a single-family house in Hong Kong
- 14 KW roof solar system on a single-family house in California, USA